Monday, November 19, 2012

10 medications...REALLY!

Well as I told all of you, I met a new GI doctor last Wednesday and have experienced some rapid changes in the past 5 days for both good and bad.  I really really liked her and I think God must have had a reason for pushing me to make that call because she really worked me over to say the least.  I have not been feeling well for the past couple of weeks and have been struggling with that because you know we leave for Las Vegas in 11 days and I can't be down in the dumps for that!  But I have a feeling I'm going to have to take it easy which is ok because I have an extremely supportive friend who will understand when we can't stay out til 2am :) 

So my new GI doctor visited with me about my medications and 14 year history and provided me all sorts of tasks I needed to do in the next couple of days.  All before Vegas!
1. 14 tubes of Labwork...Yes I wrote 14 tubes...I really thought I was going to not have any blood left when she was done
2. A DEXA scan (aka. the old lady bone scan)
3. A colonoscopy in 2 days! Yes too much information already :)
4. A new powder packet to take daily

AND THE RESULTS....
1. Vitamin D level is low (1 medication weekly), iron is low (Vitron C daily) calcium is low (Calcium twice daily), continue multivitamin, OH and my quantiferon (aka TB skin test) was positive which means I have tuberculosis!  Now that was devastating to me...Tuberculosis!  Are you kidding me?!  Well it is latent, so don't worry you can be around me but it was most likely developed from me taking Humira injections which was suppose to be helping my Crohns...Instead it gives me TB!  So now I have to take 2 different medications for 9 months straight and I should be ok.  I guess I have taken ok lightly..
2. Don't know these results yet
3.  Yes it gets worse....My scope was not good.  I have another stricture/narrowing where my last 2 prior bowel obstruction surgeries. :( So my Crohn's is active which is not good for me as we prepare for running 13.1 miles!  She was unable to get her scope thru that narrowing so now I have to drink barium for a MRI to view my small intestine to make sure their is not active Crohn's up there.  She also took some biopsies on areas of interest so we are waiting for those results!

So let's just say in a nut shell...I'm a MESS!  I'm still angry at it but I'm hoping that I can change my focus and look at the positive of this.  God only gives you what you can handle right!  So please keep praying for me as I know you all are!

No comments:

Post a Comment