Monday, August 20, 2012

The summer of 5ks

This summer has been a summer of 5ks! Together we ran the Hartford 5k, Avera Breast Cancer Awareness 5K, The Color Run in Minn. and just recently the MudChug in Sioux Falls. All of them equally awesome!
The Color Run was such a great atmosphere, the volunteers were amazing!



The MudChug made me lose sleep! I was so nervous I wasnt gonna be able to finish it. But we did it and we did together and it felt so exhilarating! I felt like super woman when I was finished with bruises and cuts. We all said we were gonna do that one again next year for sure!

The Hartford 5K was our first one of the summer. We were nervous, but we both did better then we expected ourselves to do. And as I am writing this I remembered we also ran the Avera Breast Cancer Awareness 5K. That was so inspirational to me and a feeling that will never go away. Everyone should consider running or even walking in one of those!!
Top pic: Avera
Bottom: Hartford 5K Lemkes Team



If you are ever thinking about running a race, dont hesitate, get up and do it!!! You will be so proud of yourself when you are done and you will be signing yourself up for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment